Thursday, September 2, 2010

At the con


I got to Dragon*Con around 4:10 p.m. Thursday, found a parking spot close to the condo. Then, I dragged the 120 pounds worth of personal items to the side door, rose the 20 floors to the room and dumped everything in a corner of the room.

The con has officially begun.

What now? The media party - an annual event that's essentially a "thanks" to all us media types for covering the event. This year's theme was "Mad Scientist," so they had vases bubbling and concoctions with names such as the "mad martini."

The event began at 6 p.m. Thursday, probably had the most people there around 7 p.m. and started to wind down at 7:30 p.m. Check back later for pictures of me and a special guest, if I can get my laptop to register my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment